Berries have been shown to be some of the healthiest foods on the planet. It seems new research is constantly being published and berries are being recognized and analyzed for their health giving properties.
Extremely high in antioxidants, berries are among my favorite foods. In no specific order, these are berries that are extremely high health benefits:
1. Goji Berries
Sometimes called Chinese Wolfberry or Mede Berry, traditional societies link this potent berry to sexual vitality, happiness, longevity, and overall physical strength. Grown in Tibet and Nepal, goji berries have been scientifically linked to possessing the ability to fight negative health conditions and protect the liver from contaminates.
Deep red in color, goji berries are composed of 18 essential amino acids, 21 trace minerals, vitamins B1, B2, B6, and E, linoleic acid, selenium, germanium, and more beta carotene than the common carrot.
A study from the Chinese Journal of Oncology found that patients with cancer responded better to treatment when goji berries were added to their daily diet.
The blueberry is an antioxidant powerhouse. That deep blue color is related to high amounts of phytonutrients called anthocyanidins . These phytonutrients aid in the process of neutralizing free radical damage in our cells.
Overtime, the collagen matrix of our tissues and cells begins to deteriorate. Blueberries help to keep this from happening, with a high capacity for free-radical neutralization.
A recent study from Tufts University analyzed over 50 common fruits and vegetables for hard scientific data on their antioxidant capabilities. Blueberries consistently ranked at the top of this list.
Blueberries also help to reduce our chances of developing diseases related to redness of the cells. This includes a reduced risk for heart disease, cataracts, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, glaucoma, and peptic ulcers. The American Institute for Cancer Research states, “We now know that blueberries are one of the best sources of antioxidants, substances that can slow the aging process and reduce cell damage that can lead to cancer.”
3. Acai Berries
The acai berry is a relatively new-found health treasure. Once only known in the forests of the Amazon rainforest, the acai berry was traditionally used as a powerfully healing, energy-boosting fruit.
Similar to red wine, acai berries are dense in levels of anthocyanins, a substance associated with heart health and lowered levels of cholesterol.
Due to their strong antioxidant contents, acai berries are also related to slowing the process of aging and preventing diseases related to cellular oxidative damage. One acai berry holds ten times the amount of antioxidant vitamins as grapes, and two times the amount of blueberries.
Three times smaller than the blue berry, but similar in appearance and flavor, bilberries are extremely high in antioxidant anthocyanidins.
Bilberries are known for helping diabetes, as anthocyanidins protect the lining of blood vessels from being degenerated through the process of toxic oxidation . Bilberries have also been linked to possessing components that aid in the ability to increase night vision, protect the eyes, and reduce the occurrence of poor vision, cataracts, and macular degeneration .
Bilberries also hold components that increase the amount of blood flow to the circulatory vessels. This allows them to be useful in treating conditions related to circulatory problems such as varicose veins and hemorrhoids. Bilberries are best taken in a supplement or extract form.
There are over 600 varieties of strawberries on the earth so you won’t have to look hard to find this deep-red health booster. Strawberries are high in antioxidant phytonutrients known as phenols. Phenols are responsible for protecting us from disease and promoting good health.
Studies show that strawberries may also help protect the brain with a powerful antioxidant capacity. Strawberries reduce macular degeneration of the eyes, and are an excellent source of potassium, fiber, many B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese, iodine, folate, omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium and copper.
One study from Cornell University demonstrated that strawberries stopped the proliferation of HepG(2) liver cancer cells . Another study showed that a substance found in the berry called isothiocyanate inhibited esophageal cancer.
Blackberries are more than just powerful antioxidants. They are also extremely high in some of the highest forms of chronic disease and cancer-fighting compounds: vitamins C, E, and ellagic acid. They also hold high levels the soluble fiber known as pectin, a substance that studies link to lowered levels of cholesterol. Related to the rose, lab studies on these thorny-bushed berries at Ohio State University showed the ability to stop tumor formation in the oral cavity, as well as proliferation of colon cancer cells.
Cherries are high in quercetin and ellagic acid. This antioxidant flavonoid has been shown to promote cell and tissue health.
Cherries are also high in anthocyanins and bioflavonoids, substances related to reducing the joint and muscle discomfort. Cherries also contain melatonin, an important natural chemical related to healthy sleep rhythms and maintaining a youthful appearance.
Growing Your Own Berries
Most berries are fairly easy to grow and are fun to pick and eat first thing in the morning for breakfast. I recommend purchased berries be organically certified. Although not listed, raspberries are extremely high in ellagic acid and also have tremendous health benefits.
Today, lets study the science behind OM mantra.
One of the most popular misconception about “OM” is that it is religious. On the contrary, it is the most universal syllable because it neither refers to any particular religion nor God. There have been several theories behind the OM mantra with the most popular explanation being that it was the cosmic sound which initiated the creation of universe (big bang theory). But that alone would not have been sufficient to turn it into a regular practice in Indian culture.
As with most of the traditional practices followed in India, this also has a scientific and practical explanation (based on the physics of sound, vibrations & resonance) with some long term benefit and we shall find out what it really is.
What is mantra?
In its most rudimentary form, a mantra is made of syllables which exert their influence by means of sound (vibrations). As one would have personally experienced, different syllables have different vibration patterns which affect different parts of the body. Each syllable resonates with certain organ or part of the body.
For example, by chanting “aaaaaaa”, one can feel the sensation and hence resonance of nervous system in the stomach and chest region. Chanting “ooooo” creates sensations in throat & chest region and resonates with them. Similarly, chanting/humming “mmmm” resonates with the nasal cavity as well as skull/brain region.
Here is a short clip in which a Doctor explains the same:
What happens when we concatenate (join together) the above syllables into one mantra? We get the AUM mantra which when chanted sequentially activates the stomach, spinal cord, throat, nasal and brain regions. The energy moves from the abdomen all the way up to the brain, thereby channelizing energy and activating the spinal cord & brain.
Following is an excerpt from a research paper which shows the waveform of A-U-M mantra made up of 3 syllables.
One of the most popular claims made by Yogis is that chanting Om mantra improves our concentration, gives peace and steadiness to our mind, reduces mental stress and clears all worldly thoughts. Although those who practice it regularly would have experienced it first hand and affirm the same, scientists were curious to find out more about it and verify such claims with the help of science & technology.
Few years ago, scientists conducted an experiment in which participants who had never chanted Om mantra were asked to chant it for few minutes and each of their chants were recorded. The time frequency analysis of it showed irregular waveforms which indicated unsteadiness in the mind. They were asked to chant the mantra on a regular basis and after few days, the experiment was repeated. The time-frequency analysis this time had some startling revelations. The waveforms were improved with regular spacing, had almost perfect symmetry and harmony. Not only had these participants witnessed dramatic improvements in focus, concentration & steadiness, but found themselves to be in peace, witnessed reduction in mental stress & could remain calm all the time.
In another such instance, scientists conducted experiments to study the effect of Om mantra on nervous system through repeated practice. Using sophisticated software tools, mathematical transforms were applied to raw samples of the chantings and similar results (improvements in focus concentration, steadiness, peace, reduction in stress etc) were observed.
In another experiment, scientists analyzed functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging scans (f-MRI scans) before & after Om mantra chanting and concluded that regular chanting of Om mantra can treat depression & epilepsy as well.
Recent findings in the medical field confirms that chanting can lower blood pressure.
Another research at molecular level reveals that chanting Om can even alter genes for better well-being!!
Hence, based on scientific experiments & research studies, we can now confirm the age old claims made by Yogis that chanting Om mantra reduces mental stress, cures depression, improves focus & concentration, calms the mind and leads to better well-being, peace & happiness.
25 Valuable Benefits Of The OM Mantra
- Chanting of the Om Mantra purifies the environment around you and creates positive vibrations.
- The Om not only benefits the person who is chanting it but also to the people around them wherever its vibrations flow.
- It cleanses your aura.
- It can place you in a meditational state which gives you deep relaxation.
- Your concentration increases when you chant this universal hymn.
- The ॐ chanting removes toxin from your body. It is said to give you better immunity and self-healing power.
- It improves your concentration and helps you focus on whatever your goals may be.
- The ॐ chanting actually improves your voice by giving strength to your vocal cords and the muscles around it. This is very helpful during old age.
- The ॐ chanting produces a vibration and sound which is felt through your vocal cords and sinuses. The vibrations open up the sinuses to clear the airways.
- The Om Mantra has cardiovascular benefits – by relaxing our mind and body, our blood pressure will decrease and our heart will beat with regular rhythm.
- Through chanting and meditation, you can have better control over your emotions, thus allowing you to see situations with a clear and rational mind.
- Regular chanting of this Mantra will take you on a spiritual journey to greater happiness and positivity, but only if it is done daily for a longer period of time. Mantras are not and overnight fix to your problems – you must have patience and learn the correct techniques.
- When the OM Mantra is chanted in a group, the effects are amplified and this will produce immense positive vibrations which charge up the entire vicinity.
- Some people have also claimed to lose weight through ॐ chanting as it puts your entire body in a heightened state of sensitivity – its vibrations are thought to stimulate your metabolism which would lead to weight loss.
- It has been our experience that Om can even help cleanse your skin. The massive levels of internal positive energy and a cleansed aura that come from chanting the Om Mantra regularly will be reflected externally with a sunny glow on your face and body.
- Your spinal cord is strengthened through the vibrations caused by sound of Aaaa. As this sound is generated from abdomen, it helps to strenthen the supporting muscles of the spinal cord.
- The sound uuu is created by vocal cords which benefit the thyroid glands and the throat.
- It is said that rubbing your hands together while ॐ chanting and putting those charged hands on different parts of body heals or activates those body parts.
- If those energy charged hands are put on your eyes, your eye sight will start improving.
Om is called the sound of one hand clapping. Om is the eternal sound; Om is the sound which is there in the universe all the time.
All the saints in the past, when they went deep into meditation, they just heard Om. So, Om means many things. It means love, eternity, purity, peace. Om is made up of several dhatus: ah-ooh-ma. Just ‘ah’ has 19 meanings.
You can derive some several thousand meanings from Om. All those meanings are attributed to Om, soOm is the seed of the whole creation; Om is the sound of creation.
In Bible too, it is said, ‘In the beginning there was a word and the word was with God and the word was God’. That is Om.
There they don’t say which word; the word is Om.
It is in all the religions in some or the other form. That is the true name, ‘Ek Omkar Sat Naam’. Om means truth. It is the name of the infinity or the Divinity. It means love. It is the origin of the universe. There is a beautiful verse in the Guru Granth Sahib, which begins with ‘Ek Omkar Sat Naam, Karta Purakh’ – FromOm everything has come, in Om everything dwells, and into Om everything will dissolve; both matter and consciousness.
The best thing is that it is a complete vibration. ‘Ah’ – affects the lower part of the body, ‘Ooh’ – affects the middle part, ‘Mm’ – affects the upper part. The total prana is represented by one syllable Om. Before birth, we were part of that sound and after death we will merge with that sound; the sound of the spirit. So, you can say many things about Om; there is a whole Upanishad, the Mandukya Upanishad, which is all about Om.
Now, why don’t we take only Om as a mantra? Why do we need any other mantra to chant during meditation? Before meditation, you chant Om and create the vibration, but for meditation you need different mantras. Just Om is not used; Hari Om or Om Namah Shivaya, or something else is used along with Om.
Only recluses, those who want to do nothing with the world, or are very old are allowed to do chant Om. Those who don’t have anything to do with the world only they are allowed to do just Om. Even then, it is not advisable.
In an early study, middle latency auditory evoked potentials (0-100 ms range) were examined in seven proficient subjects before and during the practice of Om meditation. Such a study helped in understanding how neural processing at various levels could change differently during a meditation practice in which thoughts are focused on a word or phrase without a conscious effort to do so (i.e., meditation on the syllable Om). Similar records were also obtained in seven age-matched “naive” subjects before and during a control period which involved sitting with eyes closed, and with no special instructions for focusing their thoughts. However, there was a small but consistent reduction in the peak latency of the Nb wave (the maximum negativity occurring between 35 and 65 ms). This reduction was observed consistently during three repeat sessions of each subject, while the “naive” subjects did not show this change. These results suggest that during meditation, neural processing at the middle latency auditory evoked potentials level does change and the intersubject variability of middle latency auditory evoked potentials precludes using them as the method of choice for assessing the effects of meditation. Hence middle latency auditory evoked potentials demonstrate small, yet significant changes in the neural activity during meditations.
A subsequent study assessed the effects of OM meditation on middle latency auditory evoked potentials. The experienced meditators showed a significant increase in the peak amplitude of the Na wave (the maximum negative peak between 14 and 18 ms) during the meditation with a significant decrease in the Na wave peak amplitude during the control session [Figure 1]. Hence during mental repetition of a meaningful syllable (Om) and of a neutral syllable (One), neural changes occurred at the same level (possibly diencephalic) though in opposite directions. To detail this, a significant increase in the peak amplitude of the Na wave occurred during mental chanting of Om compared to a significant decrease in the Na wave peak amplitude during a control period of mental chanting of a neutral syllable One. It is recognized that an increase in amplitude is correlated with an increase in the number of neurons recruited, whereas a decrease in amplitude has the reverse connotations.
Studies conducted by Telles and Desiraju and Telles et al. reported changes in peak latencies of middle latency auditory evoked potential components which reflect changes at subcortical and primary auditory cortex levels. These were suggestive of a decrease in sensory transmission time at these neural levels during the practice of meditation on Om.[14,15]
Scientific studies on Om suggest that the mental repetition of Om results in a physiological state at one time characterized by reduced physiological alertness, increased sensitivity as well as synchronicity, as well as changes at specific levels along the auditory pathway suggestive of increased sensitivity to sensory transmission.
The utterance of Om consisting of the three letters A, U, and M covers the whole process of articulation. This sound represents the primal vibration from which all other sounds and creation emerge. It is considered that one who attains Om, merges with the Absolute. Scientific studies on Om suggest that the mental repetition of Om results in physiological alertness, increased sensitivity as well as synchronicity of certain biorhythms, and an increased sensitivity to sensory transmission.
There are 2 scientific explanations to why the OM mantra is widely practiced.
1. When the Om mantra is chanted, the frequency of the vibrations is said to be 432Hz which happens to be the vibrational frequency of everything in the universe. This scientific finding is the justification of the saying ‘in harmony with the being’.
2. Not to long ago, scientists conducted a research in which the subjects had never chanted Om mantra were asked to chant it for few minutes and each of their chants were recorded. The time frequency analysis of it showed irregular waveforms which indicated unsteadiness in the mind. They were requested to chant the mantra frequently for a few days, the experiment was repeated. The time-frequency analysis this time had some surprising insights. The waveforms were improved with regular spacing, had almost perfect symmetry and harmony. Not only had these participants witnessed dramatic improvements in focus, concentration & steadiness, but found themselves to be in peace, witnessed reduction in mental stress & could remain calm all the time.
Artificial coloring is a serious problem in fast food and fake food. A recent petition by the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a consumer advocacy group, has called for a ban on the use of artificial dyes in food. The group has targeted its petition at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, seeking the phasing out of eight artificial food dyes linked to serious health risks. While they have made their case based on the risks to children, I have no doubt these artificial colors are wreaking havoc on adults as well.
While the names of the dyes are meaningless to most people (yellow 5 or tartrazine, which is derived from coal tar, and blue 2 or indigotin, for example), their effects are not. These toxins are commonly found in low-nutrient foods, such as concentrated fruit juices, condiments, candy, and some cheeses, to name a few. An article in the Globe and Mail reported that many popular snacks such as Smarties, Froot Loops, Cheetos, Doritos, and Reeses’ Pieces simply list colors without defining whether they are from a natural or artificial source.
A Carcinogen By Any Other Name
Blue dye number 1 and 2 are linked with cancer in animal tests while red dye number 3 causes thyroid tumors in rats. Green dye number 3 is linked to bladder cancer, and yellow dye number 6 is linked to tumors of the kidneys and adrenal glands. While these colors are readily used in most processed, prepared and packaged foods, what bothers me the most is that they are commonplace in the diets of children.
Most candy, cakes, cupcakes, baked goods, maraschino cherries, fruit cocktail, gelatin desserts, and soft drinks contain these harmful substances, which serve no other purpose than to make so-called food look “pretty” and attract children whose bodies are particularly sensitive to them during the developmental years.
The Link Between Behavioural Issues And Synthetic Food Colorings
Synthetic food colors have been suspected of triggering behavioral problems in children since the 1970s, and a growing list of new studies show that synthetic dyes cause hyperactivity in sensitive and non-sensitive children.
Many parents can attest that within minutes of their children consuming artificially coloured foods (think: birthday parties, Halloween, Easter) their behaviour becomes erratic, unpredictable and difficult. This behaviour changed is largely caused by the chemicals used to make the dyes.
A 2007 study commissioned by the British Food Standards Agency that linked a mix of food dyes, with increased levels of hyperactivity, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and lower IQs in typical/ordinary children.
While those in the natural health and nutrition fields are aware of the dangers of these dyes, it appears a 2007 study in The Lancet, a reputable, mainstream medical journal, brought wider attention to this health concern. Health Canada, the federal government health department in Canada has stated that it has begun to require the labelling of colors in food using the specific name, but that doesn’t get the toxins out of the food.
Knowing what it doesn’t make it less dangerous, only avoidable for those who both read the label and know what to look out for. And, I don’t see too many eight-year-olds reading labels. Not many adults do either.
The food industry must be accountable for the ingredients they use and strong disincentives are needed to keep dangerous additives and artificial colors out of the food supply, particularly as many are known carcinogens.
Making Safer Coloring Alternatives At Home
Given food colors have made their way into more and more foods, you have to become a detective of sorts if you want to ensure you are avoiding them entirely! Knowing the many side effects of synthetic food colours, it makes sense to avoid them and choose safer, natural alternatives instead.
By using the following foods to achieve a specific colour, will ensure you achieve a beautiful (and chemical free) end result!
- Green: spinach juice, parsley juice, liquid chlorophyll, green tea powder or matcha powder
- Orange: pumpkin or carrot juice, paprika powder
- Pink: raspberries, beetroot, pomegranate or cranberry juice
- Blue: blueberries
- Purple: red cabbage, grapes, purple carrot, purple sweet potato
- Yellow: yellow carrots, orange juice, turmeric powder, saffron flowers
- Brown: espresso, cocoa powder or cinnamon
- Black: Black cocoa powder or activated charcoal powder
Using natural food colours will produce more of a pastel colour than the commercially produced dyes so you may need to experiment if you seeking a very specific end result. However, the taste will be better, you won’t experience allergic reactions or side effects and your body will thank you!
For eons, gemstones have been believed to hold magical powers bordering on the supernatural. They are thought to provide a connection to the planets, sun, moon and stars, and possess the power to heal or prevent illness. Gems in dreams also hold special gemstone meanings.
Gemstones are believed to collect their powers from the earth whilst they form by natural heat and pressure due to volcanic action. Therefore, many people believe these earthly powers can be harnessed for health reasons. For example, the light that reflects through a gemstone crystal, or energy emanating from it is thought to facilitate healing when the gemstone is placed on vital parts of the body. This use of gemstones and minerals for healing is called lithotherapy, and this field is gaining popularity throughout the world of alternative therapy.
Gemstones used today for healing purposes sometimes have symbolic and mystical signs engraved into them, as in ancient times. According to aficionados, the shape of the stone can also be very important. Special significance is attributed to gemstones such as long pendulum-shaped crystals with a pronounced tip, or rounded stones that are kept in the pocket or held in the hand.
Abbes Hildegard von Bingen (1098-1179) chronicled the healing powers of gemstones in her book Physica. Today there is a resurrection of interest in what is known as Hildegard medicine. According to her view, gemstones are formed through the powerful combination of water and fire; therefore, they hold powers corresponding to these phenomena. She also believed that each stone had a certain, divine blessing from God. For example, she said the following about sapphire: “Who is dull and would like to be clever, should, in a sober state, frequently lick with the tongue on a sapphire, because the gemstone’s warmth and power, combined with the saliva’s moisture, will expel the harmful juices that affect the intellect. Thus, the man will attain a good intellect.”
Here are many of the most popular gemstones and minerals with a description of the their crystal healing properties that they are thought to possess:
List of Gemstone Powers
Agate – All agates strengthen the effect of other stones.
- Botswana Agate – Eases depression, promotes joy, dispels lethargy, increases practicality.
- Fire Agate – Restores emotional balance and harmony, increases practicality, subdues sexual conflict.
- Moss Agate – Eases depression, restores emotional and mental balance.
- Picture Agate – Decreases apathy, sharpens mental clarity.
Alexandrite – Brings happiness, increases self-esteem.
Amber – Eases stress, facilitates expression, dispels nervous tension.
Apatite – Eases stress, facilitates expression, dispels nervous tension.
Aquamarine – Diminishes disorientation, facilitates expression, curbs unnatural fear and sharpens mental clarity.
Aventurine – Eases stress, restores emotional balance, promotes independence and sharpens mental clarity.
Azurite – Improves decision-making, eases depression, heightens dreams, promotes mental balance, sharpens mental clarity, increases mental discipline and sensitivity.
- Azurite/Malachite – Dispels stress, overcomes lack of discipline, heightens dreams, restores emotional balance and extends patience.
Beryl – Relieves stress, overcomes laziness, strengthens mental balance, increases mental clarity and mental discipline, and protects the wearer.
Bloodstone – Encourages caution, courage, promotes mental balance and clarity, strengthens mental discipline, aids in self-actualization.
Chalcedony – Soothes depression, heightens dreams, promotes goodwill, dispels irritability, brings joy and happiness, supports mental balance, increases mental clarity, and reduces negativity and nightmares.
Chrysocolla – Relieves stress, restores emotional balance, assuages guilt, promotes maturity and dissipates nervous tension.
Chrysolite – Exposes delusion, fights depression, supports emotional and mental balance, aids in discovering past life experience.
Chrysoprase – Encourages caution, improves flexibility, inhibits greed and hysteria, promotes imagination, sharpens perception and mental clarity and aids in recall of past life experiences.
Coral – Eases depression, restores emotional balance, improves expressiveness, strengthens mental clarity, restores mental balance and banishes nightmares.
Diamond – Dispels stress, guards against envy, relieves insecurity, improves clarity and increases self-esteem.
Chrome Diopside – Relieves insecurity and strengthens self-esteem.
Emerald – Restores emotional balance, aids working closely with others and facilitates expression.
Fluorite – Has a calming effect on the body.
Garnet – Diminishes stress, promotes imagination, guards against nightmares and improves self-esteem.
Hematite – Improves self-esteem.
Ivory – Eases frustration.
Jade – Brings peace and calm, intensifies expressive ability.
Jasper – Reduces stress, promotes endurance.
Jet – Reduces stress, relieves depression, calms excitability and combats manic-depressive behavior.
Lapis Lazuli – Improves expression, eases stress and dispels depression.
- Lazulite – Strengthens courage.
Loadstone (also lodestone) – Promotes expression, relieves insomnia.
Malachite – Dispels stress, heightens expression.
Moonstone – Resists mental imbalance, improves intuition and receptivity.
Onyx – Relieves stress, fights depression and soothes fear.
Obsidian – Wards off negativity and over-sensitivity.
Opal – Promotes creativity, love, and joy, resists emotional imbalance.
Pearl – Brings peace, reduces over-sensitivity.
Peridot – Extends patience, sharpens clarity and calms nerves.
Rainbow Pyrite – Eases stress and frustration, dispels depression and anxiety.
Rhodochrosite – Promotes self-love and acceptance, strengthens self-identity.
Quartz – Brings insight into the future, strengthens love and relationships
- Amethyst Quartz– Refreshes intuition and creativity, strengthens courage, guards against excess.
- Blue Dumortierite Quartz – Improves creativity, has a calming influence.
- Citrine Quartz – Reinforces self-confidence, self-discipline and creativity.
- Rose Quartz – Increases confidence, heightens personal expression, creativity and comfort.
- Smoky Quartz – Improves creativity, enhances joy, balances emotions.
- White Quartz – Promotes healing, works as an energizer.
Ruby – Reinforces confidence, increases flexibility, vitality and leadership skills.
- Star Ruby – Protects from misfortune and ill-health.
Sapphire – Works as a mood elevator, improves communication, dispels stress.
- Star Sapphire – Enriches communication.
Sodalite – Fosters harmony, courage, and communication.
Tiger’s Eye – Gets rid of unwanted emotion, balances material and physical needs.
Topaz – Enhances creativity, relaxes, and balances emotion.
Tourmaline – Powerful detoxification
- Black Tourmaline (Schorl)– Energizes and protects against negativity.
- Blue Tourmaline (Indicolite), – Improves communication.
- Green Tourmaline (Verdite)– Develops feelings of love and compassion, renews creativity.
- Pink Tourmaline – Sharpens insight and perception, and strengthens creativity.
- Red Tourmaline (Rubellite) – Sharpens insight and perception, and strengthens creativity.
- Watermelon Tourmaline (Bi-color and Multicolor)– Stimulates other tourmalines and encourages unconditional love.
Turquoise – Builds strength, provides protection and helps communication.
Many Ayurvedic medicines even today use gold and silver ash (bhasm) as one of their ingredients. Also it was and is a common practice in India to put a gold or silver foil in murabbas, chyawanprash and medicines. Paan, the Indian betel leaf mouth freshener and digestive, is covered in silver foil before being given to the customer. All this just shows the importance these metals have on our health and well being.
Metal Charged Water Preparation:-
Gold can be used as a nervine tonic. It has a beneficial impact on the mind, increasing memory and intelligence, relaxes the body and mind. People suffering from respiratory disease like asthma, breathless less, heart diseases, hysteria, muscular atrophy, tuberculosis find it benefits to consume gold charged water. Gold is a traditional remedy for arthritis.
Method of charging water by gold :-
This is done by boiling 10 to 30 grams of pure 22 to 24 carat gold biscuit or coins or ornaments (chain, ring, or bracelet without any stones) in four glasses of water. Boil until quantity of water became half and in acute cases boil until water evaporates to one fourth.
The electronic energy of gold will enter the water during this process.
People who are sensitive to gold may have rashes if gold is applied.
Ornaments with stones or a lot of joints, like chains or necklaces should not be used for this purpose.
Benefits & characteristics of silver:
- Helpful in digestive problems & urinary problem.
- Increases strength and stamina as silver is a cooling metal.
- Useful in treatment of fevers, weakness, and internal inflammation, especially conditions of the intestines and gallbladder.
- Silver has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties.
- Silver ash is used in heart, liver and spleen disorders.
- Milk can be preserved by putting silver coins in it since it kills pathogens.
- Beneficial in respiratory infections and conditions, frees air passages so allows a more efficient stream of oxygen to lungs. Many respiratory infections are caused by bacterial, viral & fungal infection in the lungs, and silver water can inhibit their growth.
- Colloidal Silver is being used in intensive care, heart transplant and burn units of hospitals. Benefits of colloidal silver are far reaching. It can help in curing eyes sties, throat and ear infections, and can kill acidity causing stomach bacteria Helicobacter pylori, where prescribed medicines failed.
- Silver ionization water treatmenttrusted water purifier. Electrical ionizer units use silver and copper ions to sanitize water.
- Silver Water Gel.An infection preventer and rapid healing aid for minor to severe skin burns. Silver nitrate solutions were introduced to protect newborn infants’ eyes from infection. Silver-containing creams such as silver sulfadiazine have been used in burn. Gel quickly revives damaged collagen (naturally occurring proteins found in the flesh and connective tissues). It is also used to diminish skin wrinkles, bruises, rashes, scratches, cuts, diaper rash and razor burn.
- Medical science has found that bacteria and other pathogens develop immunities to antibiotics; they do not develop immunity to silver.
Method of charging water by silver :-
Silver water is prepared using the same method as gold water. Boil 20 to 60 grams of pure silver bullion piece or coins (>99% purity) in four glasses of water. Boil until quantity of water became half and in acute cases boil until water evaporates to one fourth. You can drink warm milk heated in a silver container to improve strength and stamina.
Use only pure silver for this purpose.
c) Copper :
Storing water for about 3 hours in a copper jug can kill harmful bacteria. The copper reacts with water and
ionizes it. This water is an excellent remedy to several diseases.
The metal copper has electromagnetic energy which is called Prana Shakti. Drinking water that is stored for 8-10 hours in a copper vessel is very much beneficial for a body to stay healthy. Copper makes the water ionic which helps to maintain body’s pH (acid-alkaline) balance.
Ayurveda advises to keep drinking water in a copper jug in the night and drink it in the morning. This is called tamra jal. This tamra jal will prevent you from all the three doshas: Kapha, Vata, and Pitta.
Benefits of Copper:1. Helps in healing wounds and relieving pains.2. Helps in formation of new cells, iron absorption, and sugar absorption.3. Primary element to produce melanin (pigmentation of eyes, hair and skin) in our bodies.4. Prevent amoebiasis, dyesentry, diahrrhea, cholera, jaundince, and other water borne diseases.5. An anti-inflammatory that helps in arthritis and other inflammatory pains.6. An antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic that prevents cell damage and slows aging.7. A Brain stimulant.8. Prevents degenerative diseases, heart diseases, autoimmune diseases, arthritis, cataracts, Alzheimer’s disease, and diabetes.9. Possesses anti-convulsion properties and prevent seizures. It synthesizes phospholipids that are essential for myelin (nerve coating) formation.10. Regulates thyroid glands.11. Needed for hemoglobin synthesis, bone strength and immunity building.12. An anti-microbial and can inhibit growth of harmful bacteria like E.Coli or Staphylococcus aureus which are viable on glass or stainless steel.13. Reduce bad cholesterol level and helps in increasing beneficial cholesterol.14. Helpful in general cardiovascular health. Copper related queries:- a) Sources of Copper:Honey, beans, whole wheat, green leafy vegetables, liver, meat, seafood, soy flour, wheat bran, almonds, avocados, barley, garlic, nuts, oats, blackstrap molasses ,beets and lentils. Copper also reaches human body by drinking water from copper pipes and by using copper cooking wear. Oysters are the richest sources of copper. Copper content is lost because of prolonged storing in tin cans and in food materials that are high in acid content.b) Deficiency of Copper:Deficiency of copper can cause anemia, osteoporosis, low WBCs, elevated cholesterol, low skin pigmentation, thyroid problems, nervous system disorders, etc. c) Copper Dosage:Human body cannot synthesize copper and to carry out normal metabolic functions, copper intake is essential. Average intake of 1.2 mg/day (trace amounts) is recommended for adults. In a copper jug, copper intake is only in trace amounts that cannot be toxic. d) Cleaning a Copper Jug:Copper gets dark stains with use and exposure to air. You can just use a piece of lime to get the same shiny finish it had when you bought it. If not lime, try salt or baking soda and vinegar to clean it. e) Possibilities of Cooking Food in a Copper Vessel:- Due to acidic in nature, copper vessels should never be used to store or cook pickles or acidic food. It may react with certain foods.- Milk and milk products such as curds, butter, and ice creams react very quickly with copper. So never store these in such vessels. – Never keep honey, citrus juice, and citrus fruits in copper vessels. – Certain food after reacting with copper may lead to many health problems related to digestive system such as gastrointestinal infection, nausea, stomachache, acidic and metallic feeling on the tongue, dizziness and feeling of frequent thirst. – Having excess of copper may lead to short or long term health issues.
Method of charging water by copper:-
Keep water in copper vessel overnight and drink that water in the morning or boil 40 to 50 grams pieces of copper in water in stainless steel vessel. Boil until quantity of water became half and in acute cases boil until water evaporates to one fourth.
Iron is favorable for the bone marrow, bone tissues, red blood cells, liver,
and spleen. It increases the production of red blood cells. Their ash is used to treat anemia or provide the necessary iron requirements during pregnancy. It is effectively used as an antidote for the enlargement of the liver or spleen. Iron strengthens muscles and nerve tissues and has rejuvenating properties. Boil 60 grams of no rust pieces of iron in four glasses of water.
Common precautions while water charging with a needed metal:-
- Wash the needed metal well with clean water before boiling.
- Boil in a steel vessel (do not use aluminum vessel).
- Remove the metals from the water and strain this water through a fine muslin cloth.
- Drink 1 cup to 1 glass of this slightly warm metal charged water in the morning and the other cup in the evening.
- Do not drink stale water that is water remaining from the previous day. Fresh metal charged water should be made each day preferably each time. Use pure metals.
- It is not necessary to use all the 3 to 4 metals together for making the metal charged water. One can use the metal indicated for the specific disease and make the water. However many times we are not aware of the exact reason of the disease or health condition. It is therefore better to use all the 3 to 4 metals together to make the charged water.
- Do not use copper wires meant for electric work even if they are new.
- Avoid sour things like lemon, sour buttermilk etc. 30 min before and after it.
Quantity: 1 cup to 1 glass, 2 times a day is the quantity for all above 12 years. For children over 2 years 50 % of the quantity is to be given. For children below 2 years give only 10 to 25 % quantity of adult dose.
Sun-charged Water Preparation:
- a) To sun-charge water, place fresh drinkable water into a clear glass container. The maximum
recommended container size is one gallon. Using smaller and/or broader containers provide more surface area for the sunlight to directly contact, thus quickening the charging process.
- b) Cover the clear glass container with a clear glass lid. Do not use plastic, since plastic has been found to leech harmful chemicals into liquid and air.
- c) Place the container in direct sunlight, outside on bare earth. Do not place the container on grass, since grass will prevent charging. If bare earth is not available, choose a suitable material other than grass (sand, rock, cement, etc.)
- d) Leave the container outside for a minimum of 5 hours. Depending on the season and planetary location, a container of water will be fully sun-charged between 5 and 8 hours.
- e) Sun-charged water may be stored for up to 24 hours. After which time, it should be re-charged in the sunlight. There is no need to refrigerate this water. Science has shown that room-temperature drinking water is the most beneficial temperature.
- f) In addition to drinking sun-charged water, this water can be applied directly to the skin through self-massage, soaks, or compresses. Sun-charged water is also helpful when used as an eye-wash. Avoid the use of colored glass containers. At this time, color therapy has not effectively standardized the relationships between different colors and localized areas of the human body. It is safest to use clear glass that gathers white light, itself containing all the colors.
Benefit of using magnetic water:
- Improves digestion & beneficial in gastric disorder.
- Overcomes fatigue & provides the needed energy to all the major organs of the body.
- Prevents the cholesterol deposition in blood vessels and removes any previous deposition.
- Relaxes heart and enhances its functionality.
- Useful in disorders related with Bladder, Kidney and Gall Bladder due to diuretics in nature.
- Beneficial in Acidity, piles, constipation, intestine diseases etc.
- Beneficial in fever, asthma, colds, cough etc.
- Effective in eliminating concretion (stones).
- Beneficial in Eyes wash & wound cleaning.
- Helps in fetus development if drink by a pregnant women.
- Helps to relieve menstrual irregularities in women. Relief from suffering related to uterus.
Precaution to use:
- Pregnant ladies should use only low power magnet to charge water. Don’t use high power magnet.
- Water should be charged by both poles of magnet which are scientifically inbuilt in copper magnetic jug & magnetic water stand, but if you use separate magnet for charging water then take pair of equal power magnets & charge water with both poles.
- High power magnets should not be used.
Seven Spiritual Chakras & Human Health
Seven Spiritual Chakras & Human Health:
There are seven major human body chakras, which are arranged vertically along the axial channel (sushumna nadi).
1) Muladhara (मूलाधार) or root chakra :
2) Svadhishthana (स्वाधिष्ठान) or sacral chakra :
3) Manipura (मणिपूर) or solar plexus/navel chakra :
4) Anahata (अनाहत) or heart chakra :
5) Vishuddha (विशुद्ध) or Vishuddhi or throat chakra :
6) Ajna (आज्ञा) or third-eye chakra :
The seed syllable for this chakra is the syllable OM. The deity is Ardhanarishvara, who is a half male, half female Shiva/Shakti. The Shakti goddess of Ajna is called Hakini.
7) Sahasrara (सहस्रार) or crown chakra :
गर्भ संस्कार में मंत्रो के शुभ प्रभाव !!
भारतीय परम्परा ने मंत्रो कि गूंज और इनसे होने वाले प्रभाव को स्वीकार किया है । गर्भावस्था के दौरान बोले एवं सुने जाने वाले मंत्र प्राचीन काल से ही उनकी शुभता हेतु प्रचलन में हैं !
गर्भस्थ शिशु ध्वनियों पर अपनी प्रतिक्रिया व्यक्त करता है । गर्भ संस्कार में उच्चारित मंत्र की गूंजने वाली ध्वनि बच्चे तक पहुँचती है, जिसके शुभ प्रभाव से उनमें सदगुण पैदा किये जा सकते है और उन्हें गर्भ में ही संस्कारी बनाया जा सकता है ।
चिंतन मंत्र — ॐ भूर्भुवः स्वः तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात् ।
अर्थात् उस प्राण स्वरुप, दुःख नाशक, सुख स्वरुप, श्रेष्ठ, तेजस्वी परमात्मा को हम अंतरात्मा में धारण करें वह परमात्मा हमारी बुद्धि को सन्मार्ग में प्रेरित करे ।
Mantra works on the vibration energy and that is why they are able to reach the subtle levels. Mantra and Beej Mantra are of various kinds and they have specific purposes. Reciting mantras in different ragas, sur and taal will produce different effects. There are few Maha Mantras that vibrates the seven chankras and 24 subtle points in the body. When these chakras and subtle points get activated we achieve divine wisdom. We will be able differentiate between right and wrong. We will be able to take right decisions.
There will be peace in mind and purity at heart. The fetus will get all these qualities along with mother. These benefits will help the child throughout the life and one day that child will become a great person.