Aluminum is a toxic metal contributing to Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. It affects the brain more than any other system of the body, impairing memory and cognition. Learn about aluminum toxicity and how you can detox it from your body and prevent dementia.
Studies show that toxic metals contribute to brain diseases by producing oxidative stress and aluminum is one of the worst offenders. It is proven that aluminum is linked to degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Toxic metals, like aluminum, replace nutrient minerals in enzyme binding sites. When this occurs, the metals inhibit, overstimulate or otherwise alter thousands of enzymes. An affected enzyme may operate at 5% of normal activity. This may contribute to many health conditions. Toxic metals may also replace other substances in other tissue structures. These tissues, such as the arteries, joints, bones and muscles, are weakened by the replacement process. Toxic metals may also simply deposit in many sites, causing local irritation and other toxic effects.
Aluminum impairs your body’s ability to excrete mercury by impeding your glutathione production — your body’s master antioxidant. Glutathione is your most important intracellular detoxifier, required for reversing oxidative stress. So, if your aluminum load is high, your body will potentially become more toxic from the mercury from, say, vaccines and fish because you are now on “aluminum overload” and your detoxification system no longer functions well. I highly recommend supplementing with this amazing supplement ACG Glutathione to increase glutathione production.
Sources of Aluminum
Aluminum hydroxide is used widely in pharmaceutical and personal care products. Food related uses of aluminium compounds include preservatives, fillers, coloring agents, anti-caking agents, emulsifiers and baking powders. Soy-based infant is also high in aluminum. Aluminum can be found in such every day items as:
- Aluminum foil and tin foil
- Animal feed
- Auto exhaust
- Baking powders
- Beverages in aluminum cans (soda, beer, juice)
- Bleached flour
- Ceramic plates (leaded glazes)
- Cigarette filters
- Clays like bentonite and azomite
- Color additives
- Construction materials
- Dental amalgams
- Deodorant Stones and crystals
- Drying agents
- Fluoridated water increases leaching of aluminum from aluminum pots and pans
- Insulated wiring
- Milk products
- Nasal spray
- Processed cheese
- Vaccines (it is used as a preservative in many vaccines)
- Table salt
- Tap water (aluminum is added to many municipal water supplies)
- Tobacco Smoke
- Vaccines (it is used as a preservative in many vaccines)
- Vanilla powder
Symptoms of Aluminum Toxicity
Aluminum toxicity presents itself in stages. Early symptoms include flatulence, headaches, colic, dryness of skin and mucous membranes, a tendency for colds, burning pain in the head relieved by food, heartburn and an aversion to meat. Later symptoms include paralytic muscular conditions, loss of memory, confusion and various forms of dementia.
Health Conditions Caused by Aluminum
Aluminum toxicity can cause a wide array of disorders spanning multiple health systems. It is important to recognize how greatly our bodies can be affected by this one toxic metal.
Nervous system — In animal studies, aluminum blocks the action potential or electrical discharge of nerve cells, reducing nervous system activity. Aluminum also inhibits enzymes in the brain (Na-K-ATPase and hexokinase). It may also inhibit uptake of important chemicals by nerve cells (dopamine, norepinephrine, and 5-hydroxytryptamine).
Aluminum has the ability to produce neurotoxicity by many mechanisms. Excess, insoluble amyloid beta protein (A beta) contributes to Alzheimer’s Disease (AD). Aluminum promotes formation and accumulation of insoluble A beta and hyperphosphorylated tau. To some extent, Al mimics the deficit of cortical cholinergic neurotransmission seen in AD. Al increases Fe-induced oxidative injury. The toxicity of Al to plants, aquatic life and humans may share common mechanisms, including disruption of the inositol phosphate system and Ca regulation. Facilitation of Fe-induced oxidative injury and disruption of basic cell processes may mediate primary molecular mechanisms of Al-induced neurotoxicity. Avoidance of aluminum exposure, when practical, seems prudent. — RA Yokel
Behavioral effects — Dementia resulting from kidney dialysis related to aluminum toxicity causes memory loss, loss of coordination, confusion, and disorientation.
Digestive system — Aluminum reduces intestinal activity. It is used in many antacids. An excess may cause colic.
Here is a list of just some of diseases and health issues that can be caused by aluminum toxicity:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Anemia and other blood disorders
- Appetite loss
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Behavioral problems
- Breast cancer
- Learning delays
- Dental cavities
- Dental caries
- Dry mouth
- Dry skin
- Energy loss
- Excessive perspiration
- Inhibition of enzyme systems
- Kidney and liver dysfunctions
- Learning delays and disabilities
- Lowered immune function
- Memory loss
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Peptic ulcers
- Reduced intestinal activity
- Skin problems
- Spleen pain
- Stomach pain
- Weak and aching muscles
Chelators and How to Detox Aluminum
Curcumin research suggests that curcumin has a protective effect against aluminum-induced damage by modulating the extent of oxidative stress. It also decreases beta-amyloid plaques associated with Alzheimer’s, delays neuron degradation, chelates metals, decreases microglia formation, and has an overall anti-inflammatory, antioxidant effect. Studies have shown that curcumin can help improve memory in Alzheimer’s patients.
Other Chelators and Antagonists include:
- Vitamin C
Your body must have certain nutrients available to carry toxins and metals like aluminum out of the body. The most important for detoxing are vitamin C, glutathione, and R-lipoic acid. Without these nutrients,
your detoxification efforts can result in toxins and heavy metals building up in your liver, intestines, and kidneys with no means of exit, causing illness, organ failure and even death. These supplements can be taken daily. Additionally, we need to supplement the major vitamins and minerals daily to assist in detoxification. See all the detox supplements you need in the Myers Detox Store.
CytoDetox supports the body to naturally capture and eliminate toxins throughout the body. Unlike other detox products, these drops contain 100% natural binders that hold on to toxins tightly, delivered through a patent pending Liposomal Cellular Transport Technology™. The CytoDetox® detoxification formula provides a quick and safe whole-body detoxification support formula, and is unlike any other product available on the market .Get CytoDetox Zeolite!
Detox Aluminum with Mineral Power!
Presently, humanity is exposed to the highest levels of toxic metals in recorded history, up to several thousand times higher than even several hundred years ago due to industrialization. The danger of toxic metals in our environment is greatly aggravated due to low mineral content of our food supply, as well as the contamination of our food supply. If one does not consume preferred minerals in the diet, the body will pick up whatever toxic metals from the food, air, and water as substitutes. A key principle to remember is an abundance of essential minerals in the diet protects the body against toxic metals.
A Myers Detox Protocol is the best program I have seen to remove all heavy metals from the body, including aluminum. Other methods, like chelation, only remove metals superficially and throw the body more out of balance because the body is using the metals for different purposes. And it does not correct body chemistry imbalances that promote heavy metal accumulation.
Myers Detox Protocol replenishes minerals the body needs, giving it energy, so that it can push the metals out when it is ready — when it no longer needs them. Metals can often to the same jobs as minerals, but when we are mineral deficient, the body is forced to accumulate metals to get certain processes accomplished in the body.
When investigating and addressing possible aluminum toxicity, we first perform a hair mineral analysis and then review the results to create a Myers Detox Protocol best suited for your specific body chemistry. Here are a few facts regarding aluminum levels revealed from a Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (6):
- Most hair tests indicate elevated hair tissue aluminum. This is not surprising as it is high in clay soils, in many foods and in the environment.
- Hair levels may rise on retest hair mineral analyses during a Myers Detox Protocol program as more aluminum is mobilized from tissue storage sites.
- Aluminum may be hidden. Hidden aluminum indicators include a hair manganese above 0.04 mg%, hair iron above 2 mg%, and perhaps elevated chromium or selenium. These elements collectively are called the ‘amigos’ or ‘friends’ as they are often found together.
- A hair aluminum that is less than about 0.65 mg% or 6.5 parts per million is called a poor eliminator pattern for aluminum. This means that one has plenty of aluminum, but the body cannot eliminate it properly.
- A hair aluminum level less than about 0.25 mg% is called a very poor eliminator pattern. The meaning is similar to a poor eliminator pattern, only more extreme. That is, the body is having difficulty eliminating its aluminum, which is a bad sign. For some reason, taking antibiotics can cause this difficulty. The antibiotics build up in the liver, apparently, preventing proper elimination of aluminum.
A Myers Detox Protocol is not about diagnosing or treating any particular disease, but utilizes a hair mineral analysis to design a customized diet, supplement and lifestyle program to improve the entire body’s energy level, reduce stress and improve the metabolic rate of the body.
It can no longer be argued that aluminum does not have a role in neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s — the evidence is very clear and growing. It really should not be surprising that people with aluminum toxicity display many of the same symptoms as those with dementia, Parkinson’s, ADHD, autism, and other neurological diseases, because of aluminum targets exactly these areas of your brain and nervous system.
The best way to protect yourself is to be careful about your choices in food and personal products and minimize your use of vaccines and other drugs that are often contaminated with aluminum. And detox the aluminum you have accumulated in your body to date!
Ready to Detox Your Body and Reset Your Brain?
I’ve created the “Ultimate Detox Checklist” that will help you improve your energy levels, brain function, and productivity.
1. Analytical Research Labs, Inc. “Mineral Information, Aluminum”. http://arltma.com/Mineral_Information/Aluminum.html.
2. Global Healing Center. “New Research Indicates Aluminum in Deodorant Linked To Breast Cancer”. March 23, 2009, Updated June 12, 2014. http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/aluminum-and-breast-cancer/.
3. Global Healing Center. “Why I’m Concerned About the Dangers of Aluminum”. December 27, 2012, Updated on July 17, 2013. http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/concerned-about-aluminum-dangers/.